Mike and Arcee participated in a 5K mutt strutt the Navy base was putting on a few weeks ago. Basically, it was an opportunity to go running with your dog and a bunch of other people. It was pretty fun. Anabelle and I went along to watch (I wish I could run, but there's just a little something holding me back). They did pretty well, ended up in second place! This even scored them an awesome trophy and prize bag, which included a new rope toy for Arcee and a Halloween marshmallow sucker thing, which reminded me far too much of nasty Peeps, but of course Anabelle loved it. Here are the photos.
I married the strongest man alive! He carried Anabelle the whole 3 miles ;)
Just kidding. She did run to meet him down that last stretch and he carried her through the finish line though. It was pretty cute.
Yes, the other dog is dressed up as a pumpkin. They also had a costume contest for the dogs. And no, we did not even think about dressing Arcee up. Not our thing.
Nice little trophy to take home (that has just been sitting on our counter since we got it...awesome.)
2 comments:
How fun! That picture of Mike holding Annabelle and your comment cracks me up, I was like HOLY CRAP how did he do that?? Haha, I guess you tricked me : )
its a great compliment to mike that i also completely believed that he'd carried AB the whole way and still took 2nd place. way to have a buff reputation mike!
Post a Comment