I have finally completed our baby boy's room. I've been working on getting it all put together for a while now. It took me so long because of many different factors. First, I had to find fabric that I liked, which proved to be nearly impossible! I know this sounds sad, but Hancocks and Walmart, you do not satisfy my fabric palate. I found the fabric at Joann's when we visited Florida last month. I coordinated the colors and paintings around the fabrics (all displayed in the curtains and bedskirt). So, in conjunction with announcing our baby's name to those who don't already know, here are the paintings I created for his room:
I had a lot of fun creating these. Maybe I'll do some more sometime.Here are the curtains. They did not end up how I originally intended them to be. I found upon getting home from our Florida trip and beginning the project that I only had about half as much as I really needed. So I had to get creative and piece it all together. I do like how it turned out though.
A little closer up
I even painted the knobs of the tie-backs to match :)
Here is the coordinating bedskirt I sewed.
And the completed room, all ready for baby Declan, whenever he may choose to join us. Hopefully soon :)
And just because she is so fun and cute (and I haven't been posting enough about her lately),
Having so much fun playing in the leaves!!
2 comments:
Annabelle is so stinkin' funny! And Declan's room is so so cute, you did a great job Sarah! Now try not to have that baby on Turkey Day, lol!
CUTE! Love the decorations...so creative! We sure do miss you guys!
Post a Comment