So one of the crazy aspects of pregnancy is how difficult it is to sleep now. First of all, it takes me at least a half hour to fall asleep at night, which is annoying in and of itself. The past few nights have been the worst. If, scratch that, when I wake up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I can't get back to sleep because walking there and back has woken me up too much. It's ridiculous! Last night I felt extremely ancy at 3:00 in the morning and could hardly bear laying there in bed; and I was starving, so I got up and ate a bowl of cereal. You never know when you're going to be able to go a few hours feeling fine or if you'll be starving to death at unexpected moments. I guess it's good because it means that our baby girl is growing. When I actually do fall asleep, I can NEVER get comfortable (some of why I can't fall asleep to begin with). And another thing, I know that I'm not supposed to sleep on my back, but I always wake up that way because it's the only position that's comfortable. I've tried sleeping with a pillow behind me so I won't roll over, but I eventually just move it because I can't stand that position any longer. Maybe I'm just crazy...
So, sorry about all the whining, but I figure that those of you out there with this kind of experience may be able to offer some helpful advice. Hopefully this will get better soon.
10 comments:
I know just how you feel. It will be better. Trust me.
That is exactly what I went through. I always was so ancy when I tried to lay down and go to sleep. It just seemed like my legs and arms always wanted to be moving. It seriously was the worst feeling in the world!!!!! I also slept on my back and was worried about it, so I asked my docotor if it would harm the baby and he told me I would get uncomfortable sleeping on my back before I ever harmed the baby, and I did. If that doesn't make sense give me a call and I will explain. Just be thankful that you can eat what ever you want and you don't have the monthly period, and you have a reason for being cranky. Enjoy it why you can. You'll have to post prego pictures when you start to get a big belly! Love Ya
I got charlie horses in my legs that would wake me up from a dead sleep and I would have to get up and hoble around the room cursing to get them to go away. Then Jake would wake up and freak out. "Are you Ok? What's wrong?" Thinking I was in labor or something. Plan on not sleeping well for at least a year, because you don't get any right after the babies born either. I guess it's just preperation for sleep deprivation. Aaaahhh. So glad it's over!
I had the same problem with sleeping on my back. Laura always would come in and wake me up when she was there that weekend and tell me to turn over. But I slept on my back a lot too, and Jamison came out just wonderful so I think your girly will be okay. Oh I love you sis!! I'm so excited for you. Just stick it out, eventually you'll get used to the uncomfortableness.
Hi Sarah! I'm glad you found our blog! We miss you guys! How is it out there? I'm so excited for you! Congratulations! Keep in touch!
Sorry! Must have been logged in under Cam's name, but that message was from me, Tawny. Again, hope all is going well in Kansas!
Trish is right. By the time you get to the point where you shouldn't sleep on your back, you won't be able to. And once i got to that point the hospital gave me Ambien to help me sleep. Those suckers are the best! not only did i sleep through the night, i slept most of the next day. Very convenient when you have to just lay there and wait for time to pass.
I feel you sis, I started sleeping with a midnight snack already prepared on the night stand (nothing fancy, just a granola bar or something). I don't always need it but it helps. Also, it's okay to wake up your husband to cuddle you for a bit or in case you get scared of the dark sometimes (which is okay even though we are adults now). But also, it seems that our bodies are preparing us for the near future when we will be getting up all night anyway with a new baby. Try some yoga relaxing techniques before you go to sleep, that might help. Don't worry too much, it's normal. The cramping, the swelling, the multiple pee trips, the all-too sudden starvation, isn't it great? I love you and I am really excited for you. Just enjoy the miracle that is going on inside of you.
I want to see belly pictures!
SARAH!!! Oh my gosh! I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! i am so happy for you! I am glad you found me on blogspot! it will be fun to stay in touch! How is everything going (other than the pregnancy). It looks like you guys are having a great time!
Post a Comment