Friday, June 29, 2012

Hawaii!!


Yes, for those who may not know already, we just got orders to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii!  We will be stationed there for 3 years.  We are getting pretty excited and have already started lining up a few things for the move.  We have to report there in November.  I still can hardly believe it!  I didn't know if I would ever even get the chance to visit HI, but now I get to live there!!!  Hawaii was the state I chose to do my report on in elementary school when we had to choose a State.  I still remember making their flag.  I gathered pebbles from the playground and glued them all onto a piece of cardboard about 8x10.  Then I painted them to look like the Hawaiian flag.  It was pretty awesome!

Anyway, it will all be a huge adjustment, with all sorts of learning involved.  This transition will also mark the beginning of Mike's deployments.  Can't say I'm really looking forward to those, but I am excited for him to truly experience his job and life on a submarine.
But, this should be pretty comforting: 

It's a good thing our kiddos love water so much.  Seriously, this kid does not stop splashing when he's put in water :)

 Anabelle loves when I put Declan in the bath with her. These two love each other so much and it just warms my heart so much. 
 Loving his bathtime :)

 Anabelle wanted to take pictures of us smiling and looking like we were sleeping one day, so here they are.


I love this sweet girl and her silly personality!!!


2 comments:

bobandhaley said...

Wow, what an adventure! Getting the chance to live in different places is great.

Justin and Toshi said...

Such an AWESOME place to live...I may be a bit jealous! Good luck with the move!