Sunday, March 20, 2011

OCS Graduation

Mike's graduation was a lot of fun.  It was so neat to participate in something so meaningful on such a large and personal scale.  Mike's mom, Annette, and I designed and sewed a sailor dress for Anabelle to wear to graduation.  She even had a jacket to match his.
 Isn't is adorable?!


Ready to show Daddy her support
 Can you spot Mike?


 She was a little tired that morning.  Can you tell?



Saluting the Captains of the different commands as they gave Mike his diploma.  Mike was a distinguished graduate, graduating in the top 10% of his class (top 8 of 82). Go Mike!
Finishing up the graduation ceremony with the traditional dismissal and tossing of the covers
Class 06-11 Foxtrot (there was another company in his class)  This is half of the graduating class.
 Mike's dad in his Coast Guard uniform
 Such a handsome man
 Receiving his first salute (from his Dad)
 Navy girl
 Navy wife
 Oh how I love him

Receiving his first salute from his drill instructor and class chief
We were very happy to have Kirt and Annette there to celebrate with us.  They were also very helpful with Anabelle

Just a few more pics 





Celebrating later that evening
 Cooling of AB's pizza
 Bowling
 She wasn't feeling very well.  It turned out that this night was the beginning of her several-day-long fever
 You can't see them well, but they had bowling shoes in her size.  They were definitely the cutest bowling shoes that I have ever seen.
We had such a great time in Newport for all of the graduation events.  Sorry it has taken me an entire month to post pictures.  Life is pretty crazy when you're moving and settling in.  I'm glad to be able to share a little piece of our lives through blogging.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I am so glad that you documented your family's graduation experience. I am very proud of all of you, I know that it wasn't easy. Both you and Mike are such capable, intelligent, and accomplished people, both individually and as a couple. There is nothing that you can't accomplish if you desire it! Hope you love being in Goose Creek--I just wish it wasn't so far away. I miss you guys so much, especially my little AnnieB. A HUGE CONGRATS, MIKE!

Emaly-n-Tom said...

Ah! Her dress is so cute! Looks amazing for being handmade!! Great job! Congrats on graduation Mike, I would have been kicked out on the first day! Tom might have made it a week before they kicked him out because of his back! haha Good Luck out east. I hope all goes well!