I must warn you, this post has a ton of pics. I just didn't want to leave anything out. This is why I have postponed it for so long...I knew it would take a while to blog about. Nonetheless, here you go :)
My parents came out to visit us for about a week. We had a great time and kept pretty busy. Anabelle misses having them around and seemed a bit confused as she awoke to an empty house the next morning. (Even more empty than usual, as Mike went out of town at the end of their visit for his Navy VIP tour in Jacksonville, FL). They brought her a gift, her favorite book "There's a wocket in my pocket", by Dr. Seuss, and an awesome stuffed Dr. Seuss creature, whom she calls "Wocket".
Us getting ready to go out to celebrate Mike's 26th birthday (man, he's getting old) :)Have I ever mentioned how much Anabelle LOVES stuffed animals?
Annie with her Papa
She really likes ketchup with her fries
Pretty pretty colors
Anabelle really loved playing in the leaves
This is among the many wonderful photos my mom took of the beautiful foliage
We stopped by the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass. on our way up through Vermont and New Hampshire chasing the changing foliage.
This enormous shoe, equipped with gum stuck to the bottom, stood outsideSelf-explanatory
Enjoying the long car rides ;)
The little orchard in Mass. we stopped at. They had a pumpkin patch, goats to feed, and some yummy ice cream
She kept trying to lift these pumpkins, and even succeeded a few times
These tall stalks are the weeds growing in the pumpkin patch.
Check out this caterpillar, the fuzziest one I've ever seen. Annie just went and picked it right up, no fear at all. I, on the other hand, was much more hesitant.
Lots and lots and lots of pumpkins.We took my parents to NYC for 2 days. This is a photo in time square.
and anotherPlaying on a playground in Central Park
The Guggenheim museum
Lady Liberty was so beautiful (and soooo big)!
Anabelle was very tired. Here I am copying her grumpiness
All of us with the city in the background. Taken from Liberty island.
Ellis island
Thanks Mom and Dad for such a great visit!!







2 comments:
Annabelle looks so much older with her hair in a pontail/pigtails! I can't believe how BIG she is getting...miss you guys! Very jealous of the beautiful trees!
LOVE the blog post! Very nice documentation. It is so fun to relive the trip through the pictures (and I got quite a few great ones, I must say...). Thanks again for such a great time and a once in a lifetime experience (but hopefully, not). The best part was spending it with you guys, especially my little AnnieB. Love your guts!
Post a Comment